BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

2 cc's

So I noticed a pain in my ankle the last month and thought it was a recurring injury from the one bike wreck I had in Japan. Then one day I noticed a hard lump under my ankle and it turned out to be a cyst. I went to the doctor and they said I could leave it, drain it, or cut it out. I opted to have it drained. So they numbed it, and stuck a plasma donation sized needle (a little smaller than a capri sun straw) into it and drew the fluid out into the syringe. It took two shots. The fluid is kind of a light peach colored jelly. As the title suggests, it had to cc's worth of fluid in it. Quoth the doctor, "That's a pretty big one." Now I have to keep it wrapped in an ace bandage for the next two to three weeks to prevent it from filling back up with fluid. So interesting and very gross.

1 comments:

Jared said...

"Then one day I noticed a hard lump under my ankle and it turned out to be a cyst."

On the bright side, it could have been a gremlin.