BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Robin's Sammich

This site began as a humble place for nerd gatherings and serious discussion. Why change a winning formula?

One good reason would be if there was a bounty on your head.

Does it seem odd to anyone else, that in a period of only 3 years since this blog's inception, Tanner has had to relocate at least 5 times? I'm not sure exactly who Tanner has angered, probably Hulk Hogan, but amazingly, Tanner's nerd blog remains intact (just not his zip code).

Being a lifelong nerd makes it easier for folks like us in these situations, because we're used to having to actively avoid direct confrontations; we're just bad at changing the behavior that leads to them.


Unrelatedly, last night my family went to a Red Robin restaurant which had recently opened not too far from where we live. I was excited for their bottomless steakfries, and also we were hoping the two year old boy (my son) would eat something at a restaurant, since he had been sick the last two days and wouldn't eat anything at home, even though he was starting to feel better.

We got there, and my wife and I ordered hamburgers, the boy picked out a grilled cheese "sammich", and the other boy smiled in his car seat and made cute noises. The grilled cheese came, and remained mostly uneaten (boy still not hungry). The burgers and fries came, and those were quickly eaten.

The next thing we knew, the server was back and said, "here's your check". They never offered to refill our "bottomless" fries and they didn't even ask if we'd like a dessert, or if there was anything they could help us with. I just couldn't believe that the printed words on my fry basket were telling me "your fries are on their way", but the server was already out with the check.

Being a nerd, I of course didn't do anything to actually get my fries (the whole avoid direct confrontation thing), but I did make sure to come home and blog about it.

10 comments:

Inge Jaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inge Jaye said...

what a true nerd. come home and post it on your blog. :)

John Krogue said...

That's a bummer. Red Robin is one of our favorite restaurant. Of course we are usually in a hurry to get our check, but definitely always get more fries.

Jared said...

Their Freckled Lemonade was delicious, though I felt dumb having to say it out loud when I ordered.

Sharon said...

I like Red Robin, but didn't even know that they have bottomless fries. Sorry you didn't get a refill.

Justin said...

Some things are worth fighting for, Jared.

T Hicks said...

Jared no problem. This is Tanner's dad. If you haven't heard already confrontations for me are easy. Just get my cell number from Tanner, call me with your table number and the restaurant phone number. I'll take care of the rest. P.S. Remember, I'm East Coast time zone. P.S.S. This has been sent from the address of someone even I dare not confront.

christianna said...

they'll bring you fries even after you get the check. just so you know.

Jared said...

Thank you Mr. Hicks. That would actually be really awesome.

Christianna, will they bring you fries even over a year after you get the check?

christianna said...

no. sorry dude.