BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Victory Over the Automobile

Well at the beginning of fall we found that if we put the AC in our car all the way on cold it made a clicky/thumpy noise. Then we found out that the front heater didn't work. So I did some research and found out what I thought the problem was. Then I called a Ford dealer and described the problem to them. They told me it would be $200 labor and $63 for the part(given this is the dealership and they are more expensive than anyone else). Well I did some more research and found out what I might be able to do. So I just took off the trim (which required removing four screws) and reached up and found the part, it took 5-7 minutes. Then I found the part I needed at NAPA Auto Part for $38.09. I replaced it yesterday and it works like a charm. When I felt that first blast of hot air I thought, "Yeah baby, that's all me." Not really, but I should have.

4 comments:

Jared said...

Now you can spend the money you saved on custom rims.

Tanner said...

You read my mind Jared.

Alexis said...

I read it too! (thanks too amy powells live update on her side bar)
I sometimes forget when something is broken on the car that you can fix it yourselves...good job!

squick said...

You are freaking amazing Tanner. Welcome back to the blog - I thought you were done with it!