BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The End Is Near

No I did not mean the end of the world. I just realized today that next week is the last week of school, and then I have one final two weeks from yesterday. Then I will be graduated from BYU. Wow, I can't believe it's so close. This semester has been pretty good. I finish my last homework assignment in one class tomorrow and have my last test in that class this weekend. My other class still has one homework assignment and the final. Then in January I'll get to start grad school! The nice thing will be that I won't be working and going to school. Although I will be a TA for two classes. I'll be reading a lot of papers about the Entrada Sandstone, and taking two classes. So I'll still be busy but it will all be geology related so that will be great! Rachel is excited for me to have a grad cube (graduate student cubicle) because then I can take all of my rocks and books up there so she will have extra space on the shelves. Well that's all that is really interesting right now.

13 comments:

brady said...

Hey Thicks, how sweet it is to be almost done with school. When are you quitting your job? I just finished my last final today, and I feel grand! I took 9 finals in the past 8 days so I am completely exhausted. Anyways, its pretty exciting, cause I don't have school till Jan. 7th. I will surely be looking forward to some future blogs about entrada sandstone.
P.S. Amy says she still likes your haircut.

squick said...

Woot Woot!

Sorry, I stole you Deep Thoughts idea on the side of your blog and put the same thing on mine. I love those!

Jared said...

Is the End Here yet?

Ollie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ollie said...

Hey Tanner,
I am going to start blogging again and have updated a little bit since last year. My blog is olliekat.blogspot.com if you want to check it while being put on hold dealing with BYU financial office.

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared said...

February 25th, 2009

Jared's Nerd Blog

I noticed this vacant blog on the internet, and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to get in on the blogging scene.

Today I was working and I got pretty tired at work. I have to present a training presentation in front of presentees tomorrow, and that was boring to prepare, but then it got interesting.

This morning we did an evacuation drill at my plant that didn't go well at all. I work at a chemical plant that creates and then consumes phosgene as part of the foam making process (phosgene was used by the German's in WWI until effective gas masks were created, then they switched to mustard gas). Anyway, we did a drill this morning, and some people responded to the drill by closing their office doors and continuing on their conference calls. I gathered at the assembly point with everyone else, but then our assembly leader didn't actually have us evacuate when we were supposed to. I guess they thought it would be okay to "simulate" the fact that we walked somewhere, but does anyone remember doing fire drills in school where you just "simulated" walking single file out to the parking lot? I didn't think so, and if you answered yes to that, thank goodness your school never caught on fire because you would all be dead.

Till next time,

Jared

Jared said...

Feb. 27th, 2009

Inge and I went to the Kolache Shop today (see this site for a review, http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3722083715).

They have the best pigs in a blanket I've ever had, great Kolache's and cinnamon rolls as big as your head. It was really good, and it's just a little local shop which is always nice.

Jared said...

Feb. 28th, 2009

I just got out of bed, our son is crawling around making noises, and today is the start of stake conference weekend, which means fast Sunday was last week.

I'm trying to decide what to have for breakfast right now. Fun times.

Jared said...

March 2nd, 2009

Jared said...

March 3rd, 2009

I think I made about 50 phone calls today at work (make that 15 to 20). I just had a whole bunch of random smaller things to do, but most of them require the input of somebody else which gets a little crazy especially when you get people's voice mail. Cause then you have to call and call and call, just so you can have a 5 second conversation, but without that 5 second conversation you can't finish whatever you're working on.

We really really need to go grocery shopping. We were scraping the bottom of the barrel for my lunches this week. Yesterday I had a peanut butter and peanut butter sandwich, some tortilla chips, a couple rice cakes, and some baby carrot sticks. Today, I just didn't even try, so for the first time in like a year, I bought lunch.

I got a McDouble, a Medium French Fry, a water, and 2 cookies. It was like $3.15.

We still don't have groceries, so on the way home I picked up McDonald's for dinner. I felt like a loser for already having an old McDonald's bag in the car as I was going through the drive through, and I must really be a loser for actually eating at McDonald's twice in one day (I don't know if I've ever done that before).

Jared said...

March 5th, 2009

Sorry about missing a day there. I do have to save some material so I can write my memoirs though. Who's going to buy my memoirs when they can just it get all for free on my blog? I know I sure wouldn't buy my memoirs, nor would I read my blog.

Jared said...

March 7th, 2009

Seeing as how this is a Nerd Blog...

...I can't think of anything to finish that sentence.

Hey Tanner, I realize you don't have time for your blog anymore, so It'd be real nice if you could change the title of this blog to something like "Tanner's Nerd Blog plus Jared's Anti-Nerd Blog". Or, if you're not into Nerd Racism (which by the way I'm definitely against Nerd Racism in all forms) you could do "Tanner's Nerd Blog plus Jared's Megacolossal Blog"

We helped a family fill up a moving van from about 10:30 AM to 3 PM today. We got free pizza, gatorade, rootbeers, and a plastic baby dresser.