
The first week of my T-A-ing experience took me into the high mountains of the Albion basin. Amidst the rock chucks and friendly moose, I shared my knowledge with the young geologists in training. Okay... this is all sounding really stupid... let's start over.
This last week I was a T-A for a geology class in the Albion Basin. The best parts were the cool hikes that had really awesome views. The worst part was forgetting a pad to sleep on and being forced to use a folded up towel to keep my hips from bruising further. Every morning we saw 2 or 3 bull moose in a field near our camp. I tried taking a picture... but the camera was being stupid so I threw rocks at them and they charged us. We dove underneath the van hoping for safety. Much to our chagrin, we had parked over a fire ant hill. We all came back looking like we had chicken pocks. Not really, but we did see the moose. We also got to ride the tram to the top of the mountain. That was fun. Oh yeah, Rachel is typing this for me as I dictate to her. **Yes... he is the epitome of laziness** Lastly, I found magnetite and garnet crystals. Magnets will actually stick to the magnetite **hence the name :) **. Next time any of you come over. Please request to view them and I will show you. If nobody visits, I'll just post pictures on my blog when I get the camera to work.
**Rachel's interjections
Friday, August 22, 2008
Albion Basin
Posted by Tanner at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Albion basin. Did you camp at Cecret Lake?
Tonight I was looking at blogs, and Brady was getting bored, and he's like, unless we're looking at Tanner's Nerdy Blog I don't want to read blogs anymore. And lo and behold you have a new post. It was very exciting. It sounds like you had an exciting trip. And also, you need to move to Midland. Half the people in our ward work for oil companies.
Post a Comment